Name: Prof. Dr. Aqeel Abdulzahra Mubdir Al Khaqani
Date of birth: 1963, AI – Najaf AI – Ashraf, Iraq.
Academic title: Professor
General specialization: Arabic Language and Literature
Specific specialization: Criticism & Rhetoric
Tel: +964 (0) 7801000597
E-mail: [email protected]
• B.A in Arabic Language and Literature, University of Mosul, 1986 -1987.
• M.A in Arabic Language and Literature, University of Kufa, 2001.
• Ph.D. in Arabic Language and Literature, University of Kufa, 2006.
• B.A in English Language and Literature, University of Kufa, 2012-2013.
• Dean of the College of Arts, University of Kufa. Member of the Iraqi Union of Writers and Men of Letters. Chairman of the Central Scientific Committee for Books and Newly Authored Books at Kufa University. Member of the Central Committee for the Curriculum Reload and Develop of the Arabic Language & Literature at the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research. Member of the University of Kufa Central Committee for Maintaining the Arabic Language. Professor of Criticism and Rhetoric for both under and postgraduate studies
• Vice – Chancellor for Administrative and Legal Affairs of Kufa University. Assistant Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs of the College of Arts, University of Kufa. Editor – in – Chief of two refereed academic journals issued by the College of Arts, University of Kufa: Adaab Alkufa and Arabic Language and Literature. Manager of the Religious Endowment of the Governorate of Najaf. Expert in the Diwan (office) of the Shi’a Religious Endowment. Arabic Language teacher and lecturer at many faculties, institutes and secondary schools since 1988.
• Attending, participating in and coordinating many conferences, seminars, and other academic, literary, cultural and administrative activities that were held in Iraq and abroad. Reviewing many dissertations and research studies academically and linguistically.
• Founding Member of many Academic, Literary, Cultural societies and charity
• Designing plans and cultural, technical, administrative, and scientific programs for the missions assigned for him.
• Imagination in the Critical & Rhetorical Heritage of the Arabs, M.A. Thesis.
• Performance of Eloquence in the Short Suras (Chapters), Ph.D. Thesis.
• From the Revelation of the Qura’nic Rhetoric
• Statistical & Rhetorical Proportion in the Quran’ic Locution.
• Personification in the Quran’ic Locution.
• Embodiment in the Quran’ic Locution.
• Al – Qadr Sura, Analytical Study.
• The Two Suras of Al – Dhuha and Al – Inshirah: An Analytical Study.
• The Verses of Usury in the Quran’ic Locution: An Analytical Study.
• The Rhythm of Prose in Poetry, the Rhythm of Assonance as a Model.
• The influence of the Linguistic Approach on Old Arabic Criticism (in collaboration with Professor Dr. Hakim Habib Al – Quraiti).
• The Influence of the Prophetic Rhetoric on the Establishment of the Critical Theory by the Arabs (in collaboration with Professor Dr. Hakim Habib Al -Quraiti).
• The Problem of Defining the Adverbial and its Influence on Comprehending the Qura’nic Text: A Pragmatic and Semiological Approach (in collaboration with Dr. Toman Ghazi Husein).
• The Impact of the Najaf Invironment on the evolution of its Literary and Scientific Saloons and their Development .
• In addition to many articles in the academic, literary, cultural and intellectual fields.