The UOK Council held an emergency meeting in the presence of the President of the UOK, Prof. Dr. Akeel Abed Yaseen, and his two assistants for scientific and administrative affairs. The meeting was also attended by the deans of the faculties and the heads of the centers at the university. During the meeting there was an announcement for the acceptance of the call of the Supreme Religious Authority which has issued a fatwa for jihad. There was also an announcement of volunteering for all university members and to unite as one and support the security services.
Also during the meeting, there was a vote on several issues, including:
1. The formation of a regiment of university volunteers which includes the president of the university, deans, professors, lecturers and students. The number of volunteers reached 35,000.
2. Electronically archiving the results of students.
3. Requiring all faculties and centers to turn off the electricity completely after office hours.
4. Opening the doors for donations of medicine and food to the Iraqi Army and Security Services.
5. Promoting the culture of citizenship through reporting any suspicious situations or any security breaches.
6. Approving the idea of opening up a training center for university students during the summer holiday.
7. Gathering all dormitory students in one location so as to provide them with full security protection.
8. Opening up a First Aid Session at the Faculty of Nursing.
9. The doctors at the Faculty of Medicine volunteered to provide health and medical services to citizens, security personnel and members of the Iraqi Army, whether in Najaf province or other provinces.
10. Members of humanitarian and engineering faculties volunteered to open up courses in First Aid and Civil Defense.
11. Announcing the students’ examination results during 48 hours after the end of exams.