The Remote Sensing Center is a newly founded scientific center specialized in studies and researches concerning radar and geology by using modern technology. The University of Kufa witnessed the opening of this center during 2010. It prioritizes in conducting different studies on the geological and geographical reality of Najaf city and the possibility of taking benefit of its wealth. This is conducted by using the latest devices and technology available in the University of Kufa.
It is regarded as the first scientific center specialized in radar studies and geological researches among the universities of the middle Euphrates. Modern technology is used to conduct geological and radar zone surveys in addition to putting together detailed and accurate reports. Such technology includes the ground radar device (GPR) and the global positioning device (GPS).
The Remote Sensing Center in the University of Kufa is in a continuous effort to spread the culture of remote sensing and provide scientifically accurate studies to the region and the globe. It also finds an opportunity in taking advantage of modern technology in this field.
To prepare specialized staff members in the techniques of remote sensing capable of laying out strategic studies built on a scientific and solid base according to the authenticity and academic accreditation standards.
• Building a database benefiting in the different fields of the city of Najaf and the nearby cities.
• Restricting and evaluating the natural resources, in addition to preparing maps by using the techniques of remote sensing.
• Providing scientific consultation for both governmental and non-governmental sides.
• To prop researchers and postgraduate students with researches and studies.
• Preparing studies about the geological, geographical and archeological reality of different areas.
• Supplying the centers with studies built on a solid scientific base for the sake of making right decisions that serve the country.
THE EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT THE CENTER
• Ground Penetrating Device (GPR)
• Boher Hole
• Ground Digger Device
• Global Positioning Device (GPS)