Name: Aqeel Abdulzahra Mubdir
Date of birth: 1963, AI-Najaf AI-Ashraf, Iraq.
Academic rank: Assistant Professor
General specialization: Arabic Language and Literature
Specific specialization: Criticism & Rhetoric
Tel: +964 (0) 7801000597
E-mail: [email protected]
• B.A in Arabic Language and Literature, University of Mosul, 1986-1987.
• M.A in Arabic Ph.D. in Arabic Language and Literature, University of Kufa, 2001.
• Ph.D. in Arabic Language and Literature, University of Kufa, 2006. (I ranked First in the cohort for the two degrees (i.e., M.A & Ph.D).
• B.A in English Language and Literature, University of Kufa, 2012-2013.
• Dean of the College of Arts. Vice-chancellor for Administrative and Legal Affairs, University of Kufa. Assistant Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs in the College of Arts, University of Kufa. Editor-in-Chief of two academic journals issued by the College of Arts, University of Kufa referred: Adaab AlKufa and Arabic Language and Literature. Manager of the Religious Endowment of the Governorate of Najaf. Expert in the Shi’a Religious Endowment Commission. Arabic language teacher and lecturer in many faculties, institutes and secondary schools since 1988.
Membership of Professional Societies & Organizations:
• Member of the Iraqi Union of Writers & Men of Letters.
• Founding Member of many Academic, Literary, Cultural societies and charity organizations.
• Member of the University of Kufa Central Committee for Preserving the Arabic Language.
Conferences & Seminars:
• Attending, participating in and co-ordinating many conferences, seminars, and other academic, literary, cultural and administrative activities that were held in the University of Kufa and in other universities inside and outside Iraq.
• Reviewing many books, dissertations, and research studies academically and linguistically.
• Supervisor and Member of Viva Voce examining committees of M.A & Ph.D. theses.
• Chairman and member of many academic, literary, cultural, legal and administrative committees.
• Imagination in the Critical & Rhetorical Heritage of the Arabs.
• Performance of Eloquence in the Short Suras (Chapters), Ph.D. Thesis.
• From the Revelation of the Qurna’ic Rhetoric
• Statistical & Rhetorical Proportion in the Quran’ic Locution.
• Personification in the Quran’ic Locution.
• Embodiment in the Quran’ic Locution.
• The influence of the Linguistic Approach on Old Arabic Criticism (in collaboration with Professor Dr. Hakim Habib Al-Quraiti).
• The Two Suras of Al-Dhuha and Al-Inshirah: An Analytical Study.
• The Suras of Usury in the Quran’ic Locution: An Analytical Study.
• The Political Content in Najib Mahfoodh’s Novel “Chattering on the Nile Banks”.
• Arabic Poetry between Originality and Modernism.
• Innate Disposition and Craftsmanship.
• An Analytical Study of Mosa Kreidi’s Story “The Sun, Night Lighthouses and a Seesaw”.
• An Analytical Study of Husain Baraka Al-Shami’s Story “The Birth of Light”.
• Free Verse between Meter and Rhythm.
• Epistemological Origins of “Informativity” Criterion in the Critical & Rhetorical Heritage of the Arabs (in collaboration with the researcher Abdul Khaliq Farhan Shaeen).
• The Political Function in Dr. Al-Sagheer’s Diwan (Poetry Collection) of the Prophet’s Progeny (in collaboration with the researcher Mohsin Ali Husein).
• Phonological Values of Short Vowels in the Quranic Usage (in collaboration with the researcher Ahmed Kadhum Jawad).
• Phonetic Harmony and Meaning in Considering the Quranic Interval in Fronting and Post-positioning (in collaboration with the researcher Ahmed Kadhum Jawad).
• First and Last Revelations of the Holy Quran: An Analytical Study.
• The Problem of Defining the Adverbial and its Influence on Comprehending the Qurnaic Text: A Pragmatic and Semiological Approach (in collaboration with the Dr. Toman Ghazi Husein).
• In addition to many articles in the academic, literary, cultural and intellectual fields.