The foundation of the Department of Ratification and Documents took place on the same date the University of Kufa was opened in 1987-1988. The importance of this department lies in the fact that it has a close association with the faculties of the university, in addition to being one of the main categories at the university’s Presidency.
The Ratification Department in the university’s divan is considered as one of the departments that is under the administrative supervision of the university’s vice president for scientific affairs. It is an efficacious department which is concerned with the graduate students’ documents, by means of supplying the graduates with the documents that are issued from the faculties that they graduated from, addressed to the concerned authorities after ratification from the university. Also, the department gives graduation certificates to the graduates whether undergraduates or postgraduates and in both Arabic and English Languages.
The department supplies graduates with graduation avocations to ministries and departments in the region, in addition to addressing the faculties subsidiary to the university about the credentials arriving from the Ministry regarding the instructions that clarify the private decisions, the documents and the graduation certificates. The department is authorized to proclaim the validity of issuance for the documents put out by the faculties to the authorities that request the valediction of issuance. Furthermore, there has been coordination between the department and the Computer Center to bringing about a special program according to the context relied upon in counting averages.
Thus, the Department of Ratification is always in a continuous intercourse with the intended departments in the ministry within an appropriate working automotive that allows the whole to rise in the service of the public interest.
DIVISIONS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT
• Ratification Division
• Documents and Graduation Certificates Division
A: Ratification Division:
Its duties concern with:
1. Accomplishing the procedures regarding the letters of agreement that approach the university from and to the ministry.
2. Accomplishing the formal speeches which specialize in the educational documents and aiding the graduation.
3. Ratifying the educational résumé for the students who want to move on to studying outside Iraq and those who haven’t finished their university study.
4. Sending and following up on ratifying the documents of the graduates of our university in the outside ministry for those who want to.
B: Documents and Graduation certificates Division:
Its duties concern with:
1. Accomplishing the agreement procedures on the educational documents for the graduates which are outputted in both Arabic and English.
2. Accomplishing the agreement procedures for ratifying the graduation in both Arabic and English.
3. Editing the averages of the documents which are inputted to the university.
4. Editing the translation of the incoming documents to the university from the faculties.
5. The departments work includes the undergraduates and postgraduates.
6. Accomplishing the procedures of getting the graduates their wall-certificates in both Arabic and English.
7. Accomplishing the formal speeches which specialize in the educational documents and certifying the graduation.
8. Scanning the accomplished documents on scanner and saving them on CD for each faculty.
9. Sending the documents that are ratified according to the addressed faculty.
10. Returning the edited documents to the faculties by means of formal letters.
11. Recording the input documents by means of a special file for all the faculties.
12. Exporting the documents which have been accomplished for undergraduate and post graduate studies by means of a special output file.
13. Following up on the daily mail both input and output from the different fields.
14. Counting the output documents’ average for the university from the faculties for the undergraduate and postgraduate studies and the educational résumés then saving them in the computer according to a special program.
15. Saving the priorities of the ratified documents by means of the university after deporting them to the specified faculties in special files.