The department’s policy emerges from its Islamic belief, deep-rooted civilization and absolute faith in the definiteness of development, the rise in the fields of science and knowledge and the growth in human power. In order to keep up with augmenting civilizations and the flourishing sciences, the department continues to hold different activities whose role is to contribute to development of the different staff in the university. All this effort is put together to fulfill the aim of building a prosperous Iraq that thrives with sciences and knowledge.
From another prospective, the department seeks to consolidate the pillars of culture, education and the continuous exchange with international countries which gives way to attracting the different educational and cultural fields that are then spread in order to motivate the country’s citizens and the university’s members to get acquainted and benefit from them.
The Department of Scholarships and Cultural Relations aims at providing the best study opportunities outside of Iraq and confirming the contracts with different international universities on a solid scientific base. It also makes an effort to attract the different scientific participations from abroad in order to get to know the latest means of training and education whose job is to boost the scientific level and build up the talents.
DIVISIONS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT
• Cultural Relations Division: which includes five fundamental units and they are as follows:
1. Agreements Unit
2. Delegations Unit
3. Scientific and Cultural Consultations Unit
4. Symposiums and Conferences Unit
5. Translation Unit
• Studies Abroad Division: which includes three fundamental units that are listed below:
1. Scholarships Unit
2. Fellowships Unit
3. Vacations Unit
• Generalizing the instructions and rules concerning the scholarships, and making them public so that they are known to all the university members, state center’s employees and also those who are unemployed.
• Organizing the application forms of those who have applied for the scholarships according to the forms that arrive from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and after filling them in by the applicants they are then sent to the ministry to compete and be nominated.
• Organizing special files for those who apply that include the necessary papers (studies document, identification, a letter of nomination approval from the college, commitment form… etc.) and sending a copy of them to the ministry while keeping another copy at the university for the sake of documentation.
• Issuing the university’s instructions that concern the delegation of the scholarship students after issuing their ministry degrees and presenting the secure warranty contracts.
• Following-up on the scholarship students after their disattaching from the university and their affiliation with their studies abroad.
• Arranging a data base concerning the scholarship students which includes all the necessary and important information that the university and ministry needs some of which include contact addresses of the scholarship students.