The reason behind the setting up of the Department of Studies, Planning and Follow-up during 2000, was mainly due to need for specifying the futuristic, scientific, administrative and educational direction in the scientific establishments. This can only be accomplished through embodying a group of decisions and administrative engagements that reveal the best performance for the scientific establishment and drawing out the anticipated strategies with the challenges of the era.
• Following up on the acquaintance with the futuristic needs of the faculties and departments through the expansions which are achieved by bringing about new faculties and scientific departments, and working on scheduling these needs and specifying their needs from buildings to supplies.
• Clarifying the connecting relation between the plan and what needs planning in the field of study and application for the purpose of rising to a better scientific level.
• Clarifying the developmental goals which the Department of Studies, Planning and Follow-up pursues in specifying the fields of systematic innovation.
DIVISIONS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT
• Statistic Division
• Planning Division
• Data base Division
• Putting together the reports that separate the studies, the planning on the level of the university and the special statistics concerned with the academics, students and employees.
• Organizing a data base about the activities and work of the department.
• Proposing suggestions for originating faculties and scientific departments.
• Preparing the university plans for the short, intermediate and long term range.
• Preparing the special statistical reports with the numbers of the academics, technicians, employees and students.
• Editing the correspondences that are concerned with the department’s work and the different activities, and recording them in archives then saving them in the files specified for them.
• Generalizing the incoming correspondences to the department on all the faculties and departments.
• Any other tasks which are appointed by the Vice President for Scientific Affairs or the President of the university which are linked with the activities and work of the department.