The Central Library
The university’s Central Library was officially established in 1987 after the foundation of the university. Four years later, it began gradually to pursue its targets with the increase of its financial status. On 2007, the Central Library was relocated in a new building at the university campus.
The library offers in and out book, theses and periodical lending-service as well as photocopying and electronic search engine services. It persistently seeks to coordinate with other university libraries in both Arab and non-Arab countries to work collaboratively on informative projects for the benefit of the University of Kufa and the scientific research programs followed there.
Visit the Central library website by clicking here (only available in Arabic)
Other Libraries in the University of Kufa
- The Library of Medicine at the faculty of Medicine is a medical highly specialised library.
- A Special Library deals with all dental medicine is attached to the faculty of dentistry .
- An Islamic Library Attached to the Faculty of Jurisprudence . In this Library all the theses and books that cover all branches of Islamic Studies has been included .
- A Special library contains thesis, and an important national and international journal and books confined to law and Political Sciences study is attached to the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences .
- The pure Science library is attached to the faculty of Science .
- A library concerning the Arabic Literature , History, Geography, Philosophy and English language has been established and attached to the faculty of Arts .
- Economics, Accounting and Administration text books, theses and Journals have been attached to the faculty of Administration and Economics .
- Agricultural books, Journals, and Theses have been collected and included in a special nice building attached to the Faculty of Agriculture .
- A special Library dealing with all disciplines of Engineering has been attached to the Faculty of Engineering .
- Many smaller libraries have been established as well . All the textbooks, references, Journals and Thesis which has been found in these libraries are confined to each Faculty specialization.