Prof. Dr. Shakir Shnawa Salih
University of kufa
Faculty of pharmacy
Department of pharmaceutics
Najaf Governorate, Iraq
Email: [email protected]
B. Sc in pharmacy from faculty of pharmacy (1977) and M.Sc in pharmaceutical microbiology, faculty of medicine ,university of baghdad1984.
Head of pharmacy department in kufa technical institute (1987-2004),
Dean of Kufa technical institute (2003-2005), Dean of pharmacy faculty , university of Kufa since 2005.
1. Treatment of hydatid cysts.
2. Extraction, isolation and identification of some medical compounds from plant origin.
1. Pharmacy practice
2. Pharmaceutical calculations.
3. Pharmaceutical technology.
1. Antihypertensive effect of olanzapine , magnesium oxide and red grape 2008, Kufa MED. J.
2. Toxic effect of some medicinal plants on hematological and biochemical parameters of laboratory rats 2004,kufa Med.J.
3. Chemical study of fruit of Rhus coriaria 2010 , Al-Qadesia vet. J.
4. Effect of aqueous celery of opium gravenoles extract and clofibrate on lipid profile of atherosclerotic rats 2005, kufa Med. J.
5. Antimicrobial study of active constituents of Rhus Coriaria 2010, Kufa Vet. J.
6. Toxic effect of some medicinal plants on the level of testosterone, FSH and LH hormones in laboratory animals 2005, kufa Med. J.
7. The effect of praziquantel and fenbendazole on hydalid protoscolices in vitro and in vivo 2001,kufa med.J Vol 4 No 1.
8. Ivitro antibacterial activities of oxibendazole and parbendazole and other imidiazoles 1993, Kufa MED.J Vol 53.
9. In vitro evaluation of allium sativum crude extract as antiprotozoal and antibacterial 1993, kufa Med.J Vol 25.
10. Effect of different chemicals on the viability of hydatid protoscolices 1988, 1st scientific conf. for technical institute.
11.Effect of some broad spectrum anthelmentics on larval stage of Echinococcus granulosus 1988, 1st scientific conf. for technical institute.
12.Effect of mebendazole and metronidazol on survival of echinococcus granulosus protosclices in vitro and in vivo 1984,J.collage of medicine.
13.Study of hormonal and pharmacological effect of seeds of Almahlab plant 1998, J. technical institutes.
1. Pharmacology and toxicology 1982
2. English language for pharmacy students.