THE UNIVERSITY COUNCIL
The president of the university, Dr. Akeel A. Yasseen, and the University Council are in charge of the scientific, financial and administrative affairs in accordance with the law of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
The university council is composed of the president of the university, his two deputies, the deans of the faculties, the head of Al-Kufa Studies Center, the university council secretary and representative professors. Meetings are held at least once a month. The president of the university, who is the head of the council, is authorized to call for an exceptional meeting when the necessity calls or on the basis of a written request by one third of the university council members. The council makes decisions, suggestions and recommendations with the presence of the majority of its members.
Some of the council’s many authorities include:
· Giving recommendations for the graduate and post graduate studies.
· Ratifying the scientific research plan.
· Opening scientific faculties and departments.
· Providing the university with teaching staff and continuing to observe them.
· Contracting with teaching staff, technicians and instructors.
· Executing the annual balance plan.
· Ratifying the final statistics.
· Giving recommendations for delegations and studying permissions abroad.
· Arranging educational relations with scientific universities and establishments in other countries, then executing them after getting certification from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
· Ratifying scientific and administrative staff improvement, training plans and field practices for instructors.
· Distributing the scientific and administrative staff of the colleges.
The following is a list of the university council members: