The University of Kufa, founded in 1987, has since its inception been a pioneering and innovative force in Iraqi higher education. The University is recognized as one of the leading Iraqi research and teaching institutes. Today, the University of Kufa has over 26,000 undergraduate and 2,500 postgraduate students enrolled on degree programmes, and 1,900 faculty members. There are twenty one faculties, each of which constitutes an administrative grouping of departments and other institutes. It has established itself as a regional center of academic and research excellence with a growing international reputation. The university seeks to provide students with a comprehensive education that inculcates Islamic values while providing a quality secular education that promotes the development of the whole person – intellectually, spiritually, socially and physically, while nurturing individual talents and abilities. As a world-class university, research and innovation underpins Kufa’s philosophy of learning. It is committed through its international outreach and collaborations to developing globally experienced and trained leaders who are competent to face the world’s most problematic challenges. The University of Kufa offers over 100 undergraduate and 50 postgraduate programmes spanning the sciences, social sciences, business administration, arts, humanities, medicine, dentistry and engineering. Most of the programmes are supported by research activities commensurate with the Kufa’s status as a comprehensive and research-intensive university.
“The University of Kufa aspires, through its values and their integration into all its activities, to be a world leading university in teaching and learning, innovation and research and to promote their application for local, regional and national benefit”.
“To generate knowledge through research and scholarship and to educate, train and prepare students who will create, lead and participate in holistic efforts to serve, advance and sustain the economic, social and cultural environment”
In accordance with its vision –
‘to be a world leading university in teaching and learning, innovation and research, and to promote their application for local, regional and national benefit’
– the University of Kufa has established a set of goals and priorities.
• To adhere to and promote universally established university traditions and ideals in higher education, research and public service.
• To be at the forefront of innovative developments in educational technologies and learning and teaching systems.
• To provide students with the education, skills and other attributes needed to succeed in the global work environment.
• To enhance the international reputation of the University and its taught programmes through the development of cooperative and strategic relationships and partnerships in learning and teaching with world-leading universities.
• To engage in high-level collaborative research with other leading universities and institutes, regionally and internationally.